ribbon flowers

Last week, I decided to try making some ribbon and button flower embellishments. The Sage Shadow one turned out great! The Dusty Durango polka-dot one? Not so much. I think my problem was that I was doing this with Mini Glue Dots when hot glue would have been a much better option. Also, I finally found an instance where I wanted Pop Up Glue Dots instead of foam dimensionals. That button need a little extra “somethin’ somethin'” to secure it through the middle of the ribbon to the card. Whoa!

Adhesive madness aside, the ribbon flower was very easy to make.

  1. Run a piece of thread through the top of the ribbon.
  2. Gathered the ribbon to the center of your thread.
  3. Tie the two ends of the thread together creating a ribbon circle.
  4. Finish by adhering the ribbon to the back of the button.

Hot glue would have definitely helped with that final step!

The color combination was inspired by this week’s SPCC challenge, but Creamy Caramel is one of those colors that I just can’t use, so I substituted Kraft and pulled in Really Rust in place of the Dusty Durango ink.

recipe: stamps: autumn 2009 tags (pti); cardstock: kraft + very vanilla (both su); patterned paper: nutmeg (cosmo cricket); ink: really rust (su); fibers: dusty durango polka-dot grosgrain + district ribbon originals (both su); buttons; dark chocolate (pti); tools: crop-a-dile corner chomper (we r memory keepers) + 1-3/4" circle punch (su)

4 thoughts on “ribbon flowers

  1. Winter says:

    So pretty! I love that flower and the background paper! I had to use some hot glue on some flowers this week, and yes, it worked great! 🙂

Leave a Reply