Wow. Where did the summer go? Oh yeah… knitting! So here’s just a quick re-cap and check-in on what I’ve been knitting this summer. (Hint: it’s all the socks and a shawl.)
RAvelry Project Page Links
- Ghosts in the Cobblestones Socks: Cobblestone Socks by Mina Phillips, knit in Ghostbusters by Lolodidit. Currently knitting for the Lolodidit Sock KAL.
- Northern Pines Shawl: Whispering Pines Shawl by A Homespun House, knit in Sansa by Sweet Sparrow Yarns.
- Sylvia’s Pebbles Socks: Pebbles Socks by Mina Phillips, knit in Sylvia by Junkyarn.
- Have We Done the Zombies Yet? Spoilers… Socks: Spoilers Socks by Javapurl Designs, knit in Zombies!! by Lolodidit. Knit for The Knitting Broomstick’s Doctor Who KAL. (Eee! I got a giveaway prize!)
- Driftwood Dollhouse Socks: Driftwood Socks by Mina Phillips, knit in Dollhouse by Hedgehog Fibres (June Sock Club color way).
And there’s a new project I’m starting while I finish up my Ghosts in the Cobblestones Socks: my Morning at the Dragonfly Inn Shawl.
This is the Coffee Date Shawl from the Coffee with C.C. book (which I’ve talked about before) and I’m double dipping into both the Coffee with C.C. KAL and the Gilmore Girls KAL for this one! I’ve discovered Gilmore Girls this summer. I am so excited to knit up a shawl inspired by that wonderful show. Because of the New England collegiate/prep school setting of the show, I opted for Sweet Sparrow Yarns tweeds (Julie’s House Wren base). I had this picture in my head of how this should look. To help that dream come true, Julie was so sweet and dyed up a custom color way for me! Quiet Morning is the custom color and it’s a perfect fit with the gorgeous tonal browns of You Can Do It, Brucie! and the stunning Robin’s Egg blue. (Tangent: Brucie is inspired by one of my favorite moments from Matilda! He eats ALL the chocolate cake!)
Anyway, I hope you’re all having an amazing summer and that you’re staying cool in the insane heat we’ve been having! I hope to check in more frequently this autumn. Thanks for stopping by!